Common Questions: The Prostate
Ten Essential Prostate Cancer Facts
Prostate cancer, also known as adenocarcinoma of the prostate, is an uncontrolled growth of cells that can spread and be life threatening. Some facts you need to know:
• One in six American men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer.
• Family history and black race go with higher risk of prostate cancer.
• Despite real interest there is no proven way to prevent prostate cancer.
• Early prostate cancer does not cause any symptoms.
• The key to effective management is early detection.
• The keys to early detection are physicals and blood PSA tests.
• Not everyone needs prostate cancer treatment.
• We do not know which treatment for early stage prostate cancer is best.
• All prostate cancer treatments are associated with risks and side effects.
• The chance of treatment success goes up with the doctor’s experience.
We'll be pleased to explain. Please feel free to call us or send an email.